Links to a couple interesting stories I've read online.
The first two are a few months old. I've had them bookmarked but just haven't had time to read them and comment on them. These have to do with the Obama Administrations policy on torture of suspected terrorists. Apparently it is OK for Obama to release sensitive intelligence and torture information. But if anyone else (ie, the UK) releases such info it is grounds for "punishment" by Obama's Administration. Witholding potential terrorist plots on the UK because they publish a memo from a tortured suspected terrorist. For those keeping track this is essentially the same policy the Bush Administration held. Do we really need more enemies?
http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2009/05/12/obama/index.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/10/us/10torture.html?_r=1
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/02/05/uk.us.court.intelligence/index.html?iref=newssearch
The last link is about debunking the New Testament. I've read some of Ehrman's books and they are pretty interesting. I've yet to read his latest, "Jesus, Interrupted", but it's on my to-read list.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/05/15/bible.critic/index.html?iref=mpstoryview
PS: the Lakers suck.
Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment