Michael Jackson died at age 50 today, apparently of a heart attack. So sad. MJ was a great entertainer and made some amazing f'ing music. Yeah, he completely weirded out over the last 20 years or so and he MAY have touched children inappropriately but you can't pretend that there isn't AT LEAST one MJ song you like. Some may say James Brown was the greatest entertainer but I'd say MJ is at least tied. Although I never saw MJ live, his videos were always entertaining and anytime he performed on TV he did not disappoint. I think the album "Thriller" should absolve MJ of at leas half of any potential wrongdoings and should COMPLETELY absolve him from judgement for his several hundred face lifts. Now, I do not condone child molestation nor am I cool with it, but c'mon, where would we be without "Thriller"? For those that are aged 28-38 (give or take), I know you all tried to do the moonwalk at one point when it was popular. If you say you never tried the moonwalk and you are in that age group, you are a filthy liar. Yeah, I said it. Every song and every single released off "Thriller" was a hit and when you hear it, even after all these years, you still know the words and can't help but sing along. Where would we be without that album?
My Top 10 favorite MJ songs, in no particular order (although, if I had to pick one, "Man in the Mirror" would be #1 for me; but "You Are not Alone" is a good one to do a mock serenade/annoy people with; and no one can resist bustin' a move when "Don't Stop..." comes on the radio):
1. Thriller
2. Beat It
3. Rock with You
4. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
5. Man in the Mirror
6. Billie Jean
7. I'll Be There (Jackson 5)
8. You Are Not Alone
9. ABC (Jackson 5)
10. Maybe Tomorrow (Jackson 5)
In other news, Farah Fawcett also died today after a battle with cancer. Although I'm not familiar with her work, still sad.
RIP MJ...you may have completely bugged out and you may have done some nasty things but you will be missed and we are all blessed to have your music. Now to make a MJ playlist on the ol' iPod.
No comments:
Post a Comment