I'm not a USC fan but I also loathe Oregon State and USC was the "flag ship" of the Pac-10. But at least Florida, Georgia, and Wisconsin all lost (I know, Wisconsin is the Big-10 but they were in the Top 10). ESPN is a bunch of SEC homers. I am beginning to hate every ESPN college football commentator.
The Florida loss to Ole Miss "shows how tough it is to go undefeated in the SEC and is another example of the quality of opponents in the SEC" (not quite word for word but pretty damn close to what was said on ESPN).
The USC loss to Oregon State was "an inexcusable loss to a team that was embarassed by Penn State and shows that the Pac-10 is down this year" (again not quite word for word but pretty close). While I do not disagree the Pac-10 is having a fairly dismal year, why is a Florida loss to a bottom level SEC team "respectable" but an SC loss to a bottom level Pac-10 team "inexcusable"? Ole Miss is HORRIBLE. Oregon State is HORRIBLE. Neither one is a "respectable" loss. Screw the SEC. Screw ESPN and the SEC homers. Also, screw every SEC team who chants "SEC-SEC-SEC" when their TEAM wins. Did your TEAM win or did your CONFERENCE win? Why are you cheering for a CONFERENCE instead of your TEAM at your TEAM'S game? Morons (which, based on academic rankings of Pac vs. SEC, is an accurate statement).
On the bright side...Ohio State did not move up in the polls. Despite a number of losses by teams in the Top 10. No reward for Ohio State (barely) beating Troy. Screw Ohio State.
Big game this week...Ducks at Trojans. If the Ducks win, that puts them 2 games ahead of SC in the Pac-10.
OK, I really must work now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Brett! Why didn't you tell us you had a blog?!
Catch the Oregon/USC game? We're waiting for your commentary on that one...
-BH
Post a Comment