Thursday, November 6, 2008

New House, Kansas Conservatism, California Stupidity & Thanks to Dr. Snyder

We closed on our new house yesterday and will begin moving this weekend. I HEART moving. (sarcasm, yo.) As soon as I take pictures and figure out how to post them, I'll put some pictures of the house up. I can now take a hot shower now that it's cold. Our current place has the shower water temp locked at what I would call slightly above cold which makes for miserable mornings.

In the recent election, one of our wonderfully elected state senators is a staunch conservative Republican who advocates we teach Intelligent Design & the fairy tale called Creationism in school. There's a reason I voted Democrat for our State officials. Intelligent Design and Creationism are both fairy tales, and good ones at that, created by irrational individuals who still believe in God. This ID and creationism teaching in our schools makes no sense and will only serve to put kids going to school in Kansas way behind the rest of the nation. I'll save you my diatribe on Religion as that is yet another thing I just don't f'ing understand.

In the recent California election, Prop 8 was a measure to ban gay marriage. Surprisingly, in California, this measure passed with only 18-30 year old voters having a majority "NO" vote. California is perhaps the most liberal state (collectively, I realize there are conservative pockets) and I can't believe this measure passed. This was in part to the Mormons (predominantly) and other religions getting involved and essentially telling people it would violate their way of life and would violate their "legal" marriages. HUH? Stupid. How do two people getting married violate your life in ANY possible way? Are the living with you and doing things you don't approve in front of you and your kids? I'm guessing...NO! Yet another reason why religion is no good. Worry about your own life and don't worry about a gay couple who would like to have their joint lives officially recognized just as you want your marriage officially recognized. Gay marriage hurts NO ONE!

Lastly, thanks to Dr. Snyder for his comment on my last Presidential election post...that is, thanks for shedding some light on the situation. I still don't agree but we will begin a new era and I, despite my frustrations leading up to it, am anxious to see how this all plays out. I hope it is for the best, or, at the very least, it does not get worse.

2 comments:

Eric Snyder said...

A proper thank you would include a sexy belt picture!

nicole said...

why oh why are so many people stupid??? i completely and 100% agree with these crazy religious fanatics.