I bought some banana speaker wire connectors at Best Buy the other day and as I'm reading the lifetime warranty information I get to the section on what is and is not covered. Here is what it said verbatim...
"What is NOT covered under this warranty:
- Acts of destruction by God, such as lightning"
Really? Acts of destruction by GOD? Why in the hell do I have to be subjected to some ass wipe's religious beliefs on warranty information for electronic equipment? Take it church, god boy. Is nothing off limits any more? Why can't it say something along the lines of "acts of nature" or "environmental catastrophe" etc?
Perhaps at some point I'll write a long diatribe on why I don't like God/religion and why I find it rather "un-Christian" to, perhaps unconsciously, proclaim someone is a better person because they do charity work "in the name of God." For now, I must go discuss the Guyton vs. Levy model of cardiac output.
2 comments:
Hi B-Wong!
Although I am not an athesiest (I would describe myself best as a pagan) I am in total agreement that "god" should be not be mentioned at every twist and turn of our lives, it is offensive at times. We are the small minority my friend, because we are both of asian decent. Oh, wait, that is not why, it is because we have the ability to compartmentalize our real lives with our spiritual (or atheistic views). Hope all is well and I look forward to seeing you again in the spring! Eric
Oh, and I would not mind seeing your "banana" speaker wires, if you know what I mean!
Post a Comment